I am going to add to this as the year goes on. This is something my son and I are working on together.
My aim with these lessons is to spend about 30 minutes per week explaining the absolute basics. Once we get into grounding and meditation, I am hoping he will also celebrate the Full Moon, New Moon, and some Sabbats with me. If he chooses not to, I am ok with that. I have always told myself that I would never force religion onto him.
Week 1: Book of Shadows
- What is a Book of Shadows?
- How to use a Book of Shadows.
- Start by writing weekly observations about the current weather and what is going on outside (plants, animals, etc.)
Week 2: Ostara
- What is Ostara?
- How and why is Ostara celebrated?
- Help celebrate Ostara by planting early spring plants.
Week 3: Wiccan Sabbats
- Brief description on the Sabbats most Pagans celebrate during the year.
- Explain how the Sabbats fit into the changing seasons of the year.
Week 4: Grounding Part I
- Description of Grounding.
- Why is grounding important? How is it done?
Week 5: Grounding Part II
- Perform a simple grounding exercise.
Week 6: Meditation Part I
- Description of meditation.
- How does someone meditate?
- Why do people meditate?
Week 7: Meditation Part II
- Perform a small meditation. When working with children, shorter meditations are best. Maybe 10 minutes max.
Week 8: Circles
- Discussion of what goes on in a Circle.
- How Grounding and Meditation are important to Circle work.
- Walk while discussing the aspects of Air
- How do we use this Element everyday?
- Journal thoughts on this Element.